Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Journey’s CHRONICLES… Episode3:Zagazig


Salam Alaikum..
Alhamdulillah..Praise be to Allah,until this entry is written,it has been a month since I arrived at Zagazig,the main town of Sharkia Govenorate,Arab Republic of Egypt.
Kuliyyah Saidaliyah fi Sanah Ula (Classes for School of Pharmacy student,1st Year)have been officially started on last 25th of September 2010 ,after only 3 days of me arriving here.
It was such an experience!
Although it was already a month now,but I really feel that I’ve been here far more longer that I actually was.I strongly think that this is due to tons of new things I’ve learned,experienced,adventured and felt by my ownself in a very short time.
I’ve learned and polished up my Arabic language.
Faster…
Egyptian used ammi dialect,which is kind of local egyption way of speaking Arabic or it is called ‘bahasa pasar’ in Malaysia.Same goes to native dialect of Kelantanese which is thicker than usual formal ussage of Malay language don’t really understand it.
What we in Malaysia used to study of Arabic Language is not Ammi,it is Fushah,a formal way and standard Arabic Language.The language that is used in the Holy Versus.
But I’m doing fine,Alhamdulillah…
The basic for 6 years in Arabic High School does not go to waste.I’m definitely having fun speaking Arabic!Now all the things I’ve learned was finally going to be practiced practically.
And LIVE!
 I live at Salam Said Nawi,which is familiarly called Salam.Its the nearest neighbourhood to Zagazig University.In fact,it is still in the university site!The road heading to my house is in between the university hostels and Zagazig University Hospital for paediatrics.The journey to university is just a walking distance.It takes 15-20 minutes to reach Faculty Pharmacy.I rather and actually love to just walking.Others prefer tramco or taxi,or even tut-tut.There’re lots of public transportation here and plus,the fare is really affordable.
For the first week I’m here,everyday after class,I always stop by to any shop and vendors that I’d found,just so that I can speak in Arabic!Hahaha~
See?You can even imagine how friendly I am,hahaha…
Actually the first two weeks of kuliyyah,it is still summer here.It’s really,really hot.And I really mean it when I said it’s hot.Regardless of my opinion, the Egyptian said this is the least hot you can get because summer is nearly over.
Huh?
Sweating-sun blazing-no clouds kind of hot.And I really mean it!It’s nothing compare to the hotness and kemarau in Malaysia.If you didn’t bring drinks ,I bet you’re going to faint of dehydration.All sorts of cracked that could possibly occur to your body parts are happenin’ here.You name it.cracked lips,cracked heels,skins….
I’ve tried not to waste my money on cold drinks,but seriously,I can’t! cold drinks I sure are really a temptation.
Oh, and then there’s this gatal-garu-bintik2 merah phenomenon.They said its pijat and mosquitoes..seriously…kaki and tangan penuh dengan bintik-bintik merah yang gatal dan sangat la pedih bila digaru~
But it’s ok rite now.Summer is slowly passing its season.Bibit-bibit winter is beginning to emerge.Masa dah berubah lagi.Lagi cepat satu jam.Which means that siang semakin pendek.Zohor kul11.47am,asar kul 3pm kot!And kul 5 tu dah gelap macam malam~
Malam-malam dah kena selimut tebal dah..Time to shop for thick blanket and winter coat!!

No comments: