Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Beautiful Teacher Vs Not So Beautiful Teacher


Not long after I starting my part time job as a compensation teacher (cikgu ganti), I find myself constructing a theory that is both intriguing and funny at the same time. Apparently from my observations, students tend to listen and also like teachers who are amicable and plus, having facial features that is close to their liking. Senang citer, pelajar suka cikgu cantik dan baik. Hehehe...


 As the saying ; 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' , it seems that my facial features and attitude was definitely close to their taste. So I was called 'cikgu cantik' numerous times. Never in any phase of my life, has I arrived in a situation where I was called 'cantik' more that 2 people in a same day.


 Although the first compliment struck me in a state of flusteration, I was beginning to accept it modestly after the next few days ; to the point that I forgot to count how any times I received the compliment and began to enjoy the praise. Nasib baik I still have my sense of reality in me, kalau tak memang akan 'perah santan' dan hanyut dibuai fatamorgana, hahaha...


But, the admiration received takes its toll. Now I have to pay more on how I dressed, what color of my scarf should match my baju kurung, what style pf hijab should I do and so on. And being 'the good teacher' as the student called me, I should suppressed my growing frustration if they go wild, all at the same time, hehe. Boleh belajar sabar, kan?




No comments: